Tuesday, June 22, 2010

29th day - 10 miles

Another day of rest for my sore muscles after yesterday’s strenuous off-road ride. So I really have nothing new to report other than it started raining again. What a surprise!
So instead let me try to describe to my non-motorcycle friends one of the great pleasures of riding - the pursuit of finding the perfect line.
Nothing seems to be more enjoyable to a biker than a curvy road and when you find the perfect line through those corners; it’s bliss. As you enter the curve shift down, let the motor brake the speed, start on the outside, looking far into the corner then leaning into the turn cutting through the corner so you wind up towards the inside just at the midpoint of the curve. Accelerate slightly at this point - this will automatically decrease your leaning angle using the increase of centrifugal force which will move you closer to the outside of the corner again as you exit the curve. Easy, right? Well not really. The thing is, every time you think you mastered it, the equation seems to change. Your approaching speed, the slope of the road and obviously the curve itself as far as angle, span and also visibility are never the same. But sometimes when I find myself in the “zone”, the road conditions are perfect and I effortlessly seem to follow this imaginary line over and over again… well, as I said before - absolute bliss.

Cooper Moose Lodge. My accommodation for the past two days. C.D., the owner of this beautiful B&B, invited me not only into his home but also into his family. Thanks C.D., I truly had a great time.

Back of the B&B with an incredible view of the Wrangle Mountains.

The day of rest provided me with the opportunity to adjust my valves. Guess what? As soon as I opened the engine, it rained again. Brilliant!

A piece of art!

My accommodation for tonight. Believe me, it is like a house inside. Full kitchen, living room with reclining chairs and sofa, nice bathroom, and a king size bed. Cushy!

No comments:

Post a Comment